Hello, dear 21st-century fighters! I know the world at the moment isn’t doing as before, something has changed for sure, but after all, we’ll be FINE and everything will be OKAY. We’ve been through a lot individually or collectively, and guess what? We’re still ALIVE, the same goes for this pandemic. The media has done enough in exposing the bad side from facts to fake news, however, today I want you to focus on yourself, specifically your thoughts, what’s happening right inside your body, the tremendous negativity you’re unconsciously feeding your mind, shaking your heart and keeping you out of your usual comfort zone which makes it harder for you to stay healthy and sane during this critical period. Okay, now let me break down this whole thing so you can fully understand why “positive thinking” is your key to a mentally & physically healthy life during the quarantine.
P.S: This is an important topic to discuss even when our lives return to normalcy, we should take full responsibility to overcome negative thoughts for good because unfortunately, the daily dose of bad news will still there, there is no way out unless we learn how to train the brain to focus on the beautiful side of the story.
First of all, here is a little question: Why should you start training your brain to stay positive especially during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Well, Dr. Mario Mancini– Medical Director of the Center for Integrative Care, in an educative video in which he explains how stress is linked to the immune system, said: “ cortisol: a stress hormone, suppresses antibodies. Antibodies are like your immune system’s military police, they identify and neutralize those bad things like viruses and bacteria, so if you continue to bombard the body with cortisol at high-frequency duration and intensity, these protectors called antibodies become suppressed… so what you need to do is offsetting high demands with recovery, and the recovery comes from a healthy diet, exercise and getting enough time to sleep and rest. ”
Now that you get the medical approach of the situation, you know very well how this much of negativity can wear out your body mentally and physically which is not something you want at the moment, and so you have to start working on how to handle stress so it does not interfere with the beautiful things you already have or what you’re willing to accomplish when the quarantine period ends. This is exactly what we are going to work on, right in this article, so here is how we actually can solve this worrisome mental issue by Healthy Brain Training which can be explained as follows:
R.W.I.D_ Relative Weight of Importance and Duration
This brain training method was presented by Brendon Burchard, #1 New York Times bestselling author and “the world’s leading high-performance coach”, in which he discusses the importance of positive thinking and how to reprogramme the mind for good habits. This is a 100% effective method that requires total focus, ambition, and repetition, so take your time for some practice especially in this period of quarantine.
R.W.I.D stands for Relative Weight of Importance and Duration, which means to give your whole attention or weight to good thoughts such as the real things that have the potential to make you grow in your personal or professional journey or just some nice thoughts emitting a nice vibe which won’t ruin your mood and mental balance, the duration of thinking about these thoughts continues, and the repetition seals it in the back of your head so it keeps coming up for you over and over again, and so for every time, the process of positive thinking takes its place easily and naturally.
What makes R.W.I.D an effective brain training method for positive thinking?
- The unconscious, automatic thoughts and impulses which are spontaneous and totally uncontrolled, they took their place smoothly in your life without even you noticing it, so the next time when you’re put in a similar situation they come up naturally to solve the problem or just to remind you to proceed as usual because you’ve been through this before, so for your unconscious mind, this is the easiest route to take based on your past behaviors, this is how your brain is trying to protect you by building your comfort zone. Okay, the automatic brain response may be helpful in some daily trivial situations, however, this is not actually helping you build effective healthy habits or taking great decisions in your life.
- The conscious thoughts or behaviors, on the other hand, are made when we are fully aware of the direction of our thoughts or decisions, for example in this situation:
You feel stressed and suffocated by the whole quarantine and social distancing thing, so this is a conscious thought but is it healthy? Of course not. Because the repetition of this kind of thoughts will make it much more harder for you to adapt to the situation, and so for the next time when you gonna hear about a new death toll or cases record, your mind will naturally bring out the worst-case scenario for the situation because this is the only thing you trained your mind on without even noticing it (the unconscious mind).
As Brendon Burchard (the founder of R.W.I.D method) said: “If you keep obsessing about the negative things, your mind will be in an automatic condition to bring up more and more and more without your control just automatically…the positive aspect is that we can use the same skillset, the same rule to apply positive thoughts into our life”. Put simply, the same way you bombard your brain with negativity, you have the authority over your brain to redirect your way of thinking at any moment in your favor, repeating the same process over and over again, your unconscious mind will eventually take its part in the process. So now you know when a negative thought takes its place in your mind, how to grab your attention and focus on the complete reverse thing.
Your healthy dose of empowering affirmations:
In order to boost your mood, we prepared these uplifting affirmations:
- Everything happens for a reason.
- What I am going through right now is taking me to the next level of my life.
- I choose to be positive.
- This is only temporary.
- I am open to all possibilities.
- I am safe.
- I am kind.
- I release all doubts and insecurities about myself.
- I let go of the anger and pain in order to welcome new beginnings in my life.
- I can do this.
- I am full of potential.
- I believe in me and in the person, I dream of becoming.
- Self-hatred does not serve me.
- I have my own inner source to give me strength, courage, and confidence.
- I am strong.
- I am determined to stay healthy.
- I am fearless.
- I deserve the best.
- I am constantly growing and learning.
- I put my health as a top priority in my life.
- I am smart.
- I respect myself.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I am creating my own space.
- I will never, ever give up.
- I am thankful for all that I have.
- I choose to be kind to myself.
- I am excited about today.
- I enjoy my own company.
- I am healing more and more today.
- I am limitless.
- I have many hopes and dreams.
- I have the courage to be the happiest, healthiest version of myself.
- Comparison is an act of violence against the self.
- I don’t have to be perfect, I just have to be me.
- I appreciate everything that I have, the things that I don’t have will come someday; a day that I shouldn’t worry about.
All the love from YOUAKABELLE’s team <3